Sometimes, the little things make a difference.
It’s all about how one interacts with others.
If you don’t believe me, you may want to test out this theory.
Here are a few of the Chicken Butt’s beliefs.
- Greet others, friends, coworkers and strangers with a smile.
- Be generous with compliments and gentle with criticism.
- Find a common bond.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the success of others.
- Find a way to make positive things happen.
- Don’t wait for others to ask for help. Observe, recognize and acknowledge those needs.
- Remember that your priorities can only be accomplished if you engage and convince others to act on them. You can rarely accomplish them on your own.
- Check your behavior when you are stressed. Your true character will be exposed.
- Actively listen to others. It is one of the most important things you will do.
- Have some fun. Laugh. Enjoy. Be yourself.
Oh yes, there will be those who say, “Yeah? So what? How trite. Did you morph into the personal of Mary Poppins? Or have you been drinking again?”
Yes, yes, and yes.
But it works.