Tonight, the guys at the bar passed around a photo of a lovely lady.
She sent her picture to one of them on Match.com.
They all said the same thing:
“Pass on that one.”
Being the only female bar fly, who hangs with these fellas, I asked, “Why?”
The responses were all the same:
“Buck teeth and funny eyes.”
Knowing what I know after many years of living on this lovely planet, I asked an obvious question:
“Are you judging her on her looks? If you got to know her, she might be a fantastic person.”
“No”, they said: “We just can’t get around those eyes and teeth.”
Now, I am not saying these guys are the most attractive guys in the world, but, I learned a lesson tonight.
Looks are what the guys want.
It doesn’t matter what they look like.
In their minds, they deserve a gorgeous woman.
I did a quick survey of these picky guys:
Out of the 5 guys…
- Divorced. A real goof. Doesn’t have the ability to interact on an intellectual level with a woman, man or child.
- Divorced: Lives with someone, but wishes he didn’t.
- Divorced. Has a younger girl friend. Brags about that. Travels for his job. Is only home a night or two every week. Ok.
- Married. Has fun at the bar when he comes in alone, but when “the wife” is with him, a real drag.
- Unknown. By that, I mean, he could be married, but it is highly doubtful. Woof Woof. A dog, if you know what I mean. If he thinks he should be judging anyone on their looks, well, he is not only delusional, he is crazy.
Now, for me?
I like all of these guys.
Not for their looks.
Not for their appeal.
I like people…. all kinds of people.
And I don’t give a rat’s ass what they think about me.
I accept them for what they are.
But tonight, I think I may have captured and understood that alpha male ego, after seeing their reaction to a photograph.
Oh my my.
You should be so lucky.